Got something good for you today folks,
How does Greg Hickman and his girlfriend keep their relationship alive and kicking?
A little back story first: When I was working for Riverside County I was commuting about and hour 45 one way out to Indio. If you don’t know where that is, it’s basically the equator’s ass, because it was soo hot and ghetto as hell.
Anyway, driving 3 hours plus every day for 4 days out of the week got a little tiring and I decided to move out there part-time. I found a spot to rent during the work week and come home on the weekends. This was my version of a long distance relationship. It royally sucked.
Only being an hour-some away from home was really hard on the both of us. It was super gut wrenching to pull myself away from home every Sunday and then drive back on Thursday. This got old real fast and I became a real betch because of it. It put so much strain on us emotionally and physically, as we shoot weddings on saturdays. So really, it was only a partial two days to spend together a week.
Now, imagine you’re Greg Hickman. He lives in Colorado. His girlfriend lives in Nebraska studying medicine. That’s at least 6 hours away. I know, crazy! And they’ve been together for a solid 3 years already. Kudos to you two…mmmm remember Kudos? Before it got all weird tasting, the one they used to sell at Costco?
There’s something very powerful and different between us and how we look at long distance relationships which you’ll see or hear in the video. Together, their solutions for making a thriving long distance relationship is inspiring and blows my long-distance relationship experience out of the water. Like a lot of things, sheer will and creativity goes a long way.
What you need to know about Greg Hickman:
- Founder/ Host of MobileMixed.com mobile marketing strategies
- Freebies with Greg
- Join the Mobile Marketing Tribe – Charter Membership (just closed)
- Concurrently works with Cabelas.com (hunting/ outdoors company)
- Twitter handle @gjhickman
- On Facebook
Here are my notes from the interview:
- Things to do with your partner Long Distance – website
- Things to do on Skype Long Distance
- Dan Martell founder of Clarity
- Onboardly – Helps Startups
- The music group – NEEDTOBREATHE
- PAT FLYNN – family man and inspiration for Greg, (and me:)
- Malbec, pinot – Greg’s a fellow wino!!
- Crab Rangoons
- Greg’s girlfriend has amazing abs
- Marc and Angel.com - life hacking
Hope you enjoyed this interview See you next time with Caleb Wojcik!
We’re paving the way towards happier, healthier and wealthier business and love.
love and gratitude,